[Gnash-dev] FLTK2 (was: Removal candidates)

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: [Gnash-dev] FLTK2 (was: Removal candidates)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:24:03 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 08:44:09PM +0100, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> FLTK 2 is permanently discontinued as far as I know,

Actually, the situation is rather muddy. Apparently it was decided at
some meeting in 2008 that 2.0 will be officially abandonned -- but some
projects continue using it, and in fact there are still regular commits
to the repository from what I've seen...

Having said that, I don't see much point in keeping with such a niche
toolkit, as there are much better supported choices for portable C++
toolkits -- such as Qt...

-antrik-