[Gnash-dev] Priorities (was: Removal candidates)

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Priorities (was: Removal candidates)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:54:51 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 02:35:46PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

> As I said, we need to stop refactoring existing code endlessly, and
> work on adding new code for both AVM2, and other things Gnash
> currently doesn't support. While refactoring is nice, it's like
> spinning ones tires in the mud, ie... we don't more forward...

Improving the code quality is always a good thing -- it makes adding new
features more enjoyable.

Most projects suffer from nobody *wanting* to do refactoring. Here we
have people who volunteer for this -- and you try to discourage them?
That's really a shame :-(

> AVM2 is way more important than any refactoring of existing internal
> APIs.

That's probably true -- but it doesn't work like that in a volunteer
project. People work on what they are interested in themselfs. Trying to
tell volunteers what they should work on, will just make sure they loose
interest in working on the project at all.

But I'm glad to hear that you want to work on AVM2 next... ;-)

-antrik-