Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:46:36 -0600

On 03/22/11 15:38, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> Wouldn't it be easier and safer just to change the _new_ code to use the
> _existing_ accessors ? It probably helps reducing bugs if changes in
> interfaces are avoided as much as possible.

  Changing working code seemed more unstable than leaving it alone
during the merge phase. While I could look at fixing that now, like I
keep having to say, I planned to do that as a followup phase after the
merge. I don't see any real reason why it has to be now. Real soon is
good enough for me.

> Surely you don't need a review to check it in, but don't you want it ?

  If I didn't want review comments, I wouldn't have posted about letting
people do a review would I ? :-)

> In this specific case, if compiler is giving you the first review,
> please take it, or it'll be harder for others to get their own code
> review (it's hard to read compiler warnings when you have a lot).

  Try not to assume I won't fix something just cause you don't think I
will. Review comments about compiler warnings aren't useful, that's what
the compiler is for. Those are the kinds of things I'll be fixing in the
near future as I work on the merge. Doing it this way gives more time
for review than waiting till everything in the branch is perfect. I'm
not rushing things.