Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:24:59 +0100

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 04:40:38PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> On 03/22/11 16:04, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
>
> > It would help to ensure that it doesn't get forgotten.
>
>   I don't forget things on my top of my TODO list... There's a big
> difference in our styles, I do things by making several passes over
> them, you seem to prefer things to be more complete. I don't mean this
> as a dig, all I mean is we get to the same place differently, which is
> ok as long as we acknowledge that. The only problem is you'll always
> think my big commits are incomplete that way, and I'll always think
> you're a perfectionist. :-)

Problem is that when you're a working in a team, your "in steps" work
gets in the way of others, which are forced to deal with issues
that prevent them from properly testing/debugging their own code.

This is not a problem as long as your steps are done in a separate
branch, which has been working fine so long.

> Bugs I'll be working on now and in the immediate future before the
> merge.

Great. I've really no rush, as long as it's done _before_ the merge.

> I'm mainly interested in the new libdevice API and how all
> that code works now, plus any changes to the FB GUI, mostly
> just fb.cp

What does libdevice do ?

>   I can even change the existing renderers too, if that's what people
> prefer. While I'd rather do it as a 2nd phase, I could be talked into
> doing it before the merge as I'm not is a huge hurry.

I'd prefer much more you change the _new_ renderers to use the _existing_
API, unless that one is really impossible to use, in which case I'd like
to know why and see if we can come up with a version making everyone
happy.