Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:14:47 +0100

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 06:50:36AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

> > What does libdevice do ?
>
>   It's a library that deals with hardware devices. :-) In this case
> input and output devices.
[...]
> This sure would be easier if you actually looked at the code.

I tought you mentioned you wanted high-level reviews, rather than
detailed bug reports.

In particular, I'd like to know how the new subsystems (iodevices?)
fits in the general architecture
See the doc/DESIGN file: what is the code adding to that ?

> > I'd prefer much more you change the _new_ renderers to use the _existing_
> > API, unless that one is really impossible to use, in which case I'd like
>
>   Now you're being silly.

I'll let yourself answer this:
> let's not start another flame war. This is now degenerating from
> technical issues to personal ones, let's stop it now.

> Any rendering API changes are necessary to
> supporting OpenVG and OpenGLES1. It's not a new API, it's just been
> tweaked to support the new renderer.

I was referring to the Gradient fill method added.

Didn't know at all about rendering API changes since you haven't mentioned
them, and from previous mail I tought there would be none. You mentioned:

> Actually there have been very few interface changes,
> more moving code around and adding piles of new code.

Does that still hold ?