Re: [Gnash-dev] MediaParser interface

From: Jonas 'Sortie' Termansen
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] MediaParser interface
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 23:12:04 +0200

On 07/22/2011 11:05 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
Now, how can you tell if there's audio in a stream using such
an object ? I guess you should keep taking items off the buffers
to let MediaParser go on with parsing until it's looked at the
whole input, making sure not to seek away from audio (like jumping
to the very end, when audio is finished).
That sounds quite hacky.

I suggest we make a bool headersParsed() function that signals whether getVideoInfo() is ready. If getVideoInfo() returns NULL, then there is no video. Until that point, there is no way to know whether there is no video, or whether no video has been detected yet. Same goes for audio.