Re: [Gnash-dev] 8.9.10 in time for ubuntu 11.10 ?

From: Micah Gersten
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] 8.9.10 in time for ubuntu 11.10 ?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 23:04:51 -0500

On 09/11/2011 02:44 PM, Rob Savoye wrote:
> On 09/11/11 13:37, Micah Gersten wrote:
>
>> We have a distro patch for that now.
>   Cool, thanks. Got a URL for it

>> Regardless, we can probably SRU a new release when it comes out.  We
>> should probably actually update all the stable releases with a new gnash
>> since I'm sure that the flash support in 0.8.7 - 0.8.9 is no longer
>> sufficient for a good web experience.
>   So when is the Ubuntu freeze date that we'd have to complete our
> release by ? Doing a release is mainly just testing and bug fixing, but
> that can be time consuming.
Well, final freeze is Sept 29. However, we could still probably get it
in sometime the following week.  As always, earlier is better here,
since it's at the discretion of the release team (of which I am not a
member).
>   Since I have somebody from Ubuntu online, are there OpenVG & OpenGLES
> libraries yet that run in the framebuffer, or just the libMesa versions ?
>
>       - rob -
I'm not familiar with that work.  I would suggest asking in #ubuntu-x or
#ubuntu-desktop on freenode.

Thanks,
Micah