[Gnash-dev] Feature Request

From: Anurag Garg
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Feature Request
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 08:09:42 +0530

Dear Gnash Devs'
I, Anurag Garg, a physics teacher by profession and a open source contributor by hobby. When ever I use to upgrade/reinstall fedora on my pc I use to first give a try to gnash and then only moved to flash. Recently when I upgraded to Fedora 15 (Last weak) I was happily surprise to see all my you tube videos were working with gnash plugin support. Seriously, it is a very good answer to adobe flash when they have dropped support for 64bit linux version. It also give assurance to users like me that gnash is there to stay and improving at a much faster rate.

Along with youtube support would it be possible for gnash to support videolectures.net, it is a free site to offer seminars, workshops and lectures from through out the world on almost all the different variety of subject. They currently make use of either wmv or flash format and does not give permission to download and convert there content format due to pending copyright status. So, one has to see it online and unfortunately gnash is not able to support this site. I am currently using vlc plugin. But it will good to see gnash supporting other flash based sites along with youtube.

Thanks
Great work with Gnash
Keep it Up

Anurag Garg