Re: [Gnash-dev] 8.9.10 in time for ubuntu 11.10 ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] 8.9.10 in time for ubuntu 11.10 ?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:55:48 -0600

On 09/29/11 08:38, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> Just releasing the improvements produced so far would be good. For
> example, there's support for the new ffmpeg (which lacks an entry in
> the NEWS file, btw). But the NEWS file itself contains many
> improvements since last release:

  Right, the purpose of a release is to get new features and fixed bugs
out for users. But if we have bugs we want to fix before the release,
then Gnash still isn't ready. I can agree to not adding any 'features'
myself if we want to start working towards a release now.

> Those ones have no QA effort on them (unfortunately).

  Some get 'make check' run on them, but generally I'm just packaging up
master. Most of the distros I build packages for run the testsuite via
buildbot though.

> I was considering co-sponsoring development of a gnome thumbnailer,
> one day.

  Future features don't apply to a release in the near term. :-)