[Gnash-dev] Help with a test for lossless 16-bit bitmap testcase

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Help with a test for lossless 16-bit bitmap testcase
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:38:32 +0200

As I know there are many smart guys in this list I tought I'd ask
for help with a Gnash testcase.

What we'd need is an SWF containing a DEFINELOSSLESS tag using
16bit pixel format. Such bitmap should contain a grid of colors
for use by the test runner to verify the colors as rendered by
Gnash are the correct/expected ones.

So the bitmap would also need to be used as a fill of a shape which
should take most of the stage. Ideally there would also be a message
on the top of the file containing a description (in words) about which
colors should be visible.

The aim is to produce something that exposes the current bug, making
it clear for a human reader to verify the bug (comparing instructions
with what's shown when running with Gnash and with the Adobe player)
and at the same time allowing a software tester to check for colors
to match an expected value (thus prefer full colors or easily comparable
ones, like combinations of 0, 127 and 255)

This is to provide an automated testcase to go with the fix I have for:

Please let me know if anyone is in willing to work on this
(Ming should be capable of producing it)