[Gnash-dev] FSF directed donations / committee

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: [Gnash-dev] FSF directed donations / committee
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 08:24:11 +0200

As some of you may know already, the FSF started a directed donations
initiative to allow donors to choose where they'd like their donations
to go. One of these channels is the High Priority Free Sofware Projects.

https://my.fsf.org/donate/directed-donations/high-priority

Given OpenMediaNow can't act anymore as a sponsor I think it would
be helpful to have access to the FSF donations.

http://openmedianow.org/

What the FSF asked for, while discussing this privately with Rob, was
the creation of a committee of a few developers to act as representatives
for the whole development community.

So, what would you think about defining such committee ? Who would like
to be part of it ? An example document describing purpose and proceeding
methods of a "Project Steering Committee" can be found here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/RFC/RFC-1

Personally, I think such a committee, with well defined decision making
process rules, would not only help dealing with the FSF but also make it
easier to take decisions.

  /\   http://strk.keybit.net/projects.html