[Gnash-dev] Using mozilla gnash plugin with authenticated proxy

From: Rogerio Vinhal Nunes
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Using mozilla gnash plugin with authenticated proxy
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:31:07 -0300

Hi,

I'm trying to use gnash in an environment where I have to connect to the Internet via an authenticated proxy, but it isn't working.

Trying youtube for example, I get an "An error has occured, try again later" message as I click "play". The squid log shows TCP_DENIED access to the youtube video because the HTTP GET doesn't use the user credentials configured in firefox.

Is this a known issue? Is it hard to implement a fix?

I've tried several versions of Firefox (ranging from 7 to 13) in several enviroments (centos, fedora, ubuntu, opensuse). Used 0.8.9 and also Ubuntu 12.04's 0.8.10 beta.