Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load

From: scott092707
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 22:01:27 -0400 (EDT)

I also have Chromium (Version 28.0.1500.71 Ubuntu 12.04 (28.0.1500.71-0ubuntu1.12.04.1)), and thought to try YouTube there also.
Works fine.  Gnash is operative there also, and creates its videoplayback__ file as it does for Firefox.  The file is 14MB and plays.  Firefox's file from gnash is 8.4KB, and doesn't.

I just finished  listening to "Midori - Forgotten Temple" in Chromium.
[Sorry that's so large - I tried to reduce the size, but nothing worked;  I did manage to change the font, though...]
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sn89xm7_RY)
It is 16:23 long.
I asked Firefox to play it before I started it in Chromium.
Firefox is still displaying the circling dots...

I suppose I could try re-installing Firefox 23 (although HOW, when it is probably not in the repositories any more...), although that would re-install whatever bugs were fixed 23-->24 ...

Ideas?