Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load

From: scott092707
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:30:56 -0400 (EDT)

Well, NOW it doesn't work in Chromium as well...

What, exactly, is happening when the circling dots appear, and before the video plays?
Gnash makes its Videoplayback__ file, and writes about 40K of information,
but that's it.  The file never gets larger, and the dots continue to circle, endlessly.
I don't know what is in the file - it doesn't seem to be able to be viewed in a text editor - I imagine that there are editors (or at least viewers) that display bytes, and I will look for them - maybe knowing exactly when gnash stops writing to the file would give a clue to what is going on...

Ideas...?

-Scott