Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Yeeloong specs

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Yeeloong specs
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 17:55:27 +1030

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:03:43 +0100
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> After my bootloader problems while testing Robert's installer I
> decided to pursue my suspicions that something's not quite right with
> my Lemote Yeeloong. This is what's different from the specs on the
> wiki [1]:
>
> Model name on the bottom of the laptop = YEELOONG 8089_A
> RAM = 1004 MiB
> USB = 3x
> Storage = 160 GB

so far the same

> Webcam = no

I have around bit on my panel, not checked if its got anything in it.

> PMON2000 version = "PMON2000 2.1 (Bonito) #16: Wed Nov 26 09:09:08
> CST 2008"

> PMON set (diff):
> ShowBootMenu = yes
> cpuclock = 796980000

797000000

> ECVersion = LM8089-PQ1C06-1.20-081125173740

PQ1D09

> Version = LM8089-1.3.4

LM8089-1.3.6

> BuildTime = "Nov 26 2008 09:08:58"

Feb 5 2009 11:54:12

> My PMON does not understand 'path' and 'dir' and can only see the
> first two partitions. It doesn't respond to a boot.cfg in neither of
> those 2 partitions and neither in / nor /boot. It also doesn't
> understand the (wd0,1) syntax (as suggested by Laurent).

Mine doesnt understand 'path', but does grock 'dir'.

> So, does anyone else have the same hardware as me? And has anyone
> upgraded their firmware?

Dont plan to, unless its required urgently. As these things dont have
an easy 'unbrick me' key combo (like my FreeRunners) I'm not to happy
with the idea.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)