Re: [Gnewsense-dev] kernel panick with linux-ec-yeeloong

From: yanhua
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] kernel panick with linux-ec-yeeloong
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 22:08:56 +0800

This error is caused by our patch to gcc. It generates a instruction which causes overflow exception. Instead, we should use a exception free instruction. Thanks very much for your report. We are now correcting the GCC, and will release it. Then you need to recompile your kernel and modules, and all programs you use the wrong gcc compiled.
fxzhang 写道:
could you post the panic information?
address@hidden 写道:
Hi,

After installing the linux-ec-yeeloong_20090411-2_mipsel.deb package, I got a
kernel panick in various situations:
- randomly after booting the system
- after the "Setting up ALSA 0" message during boot
- after pressing the Fn key + F5 in order to reactivate the wireless, since it
seemed down (I noted that the wifi LED was off)
- after unplugging the AC adaptator plug (I got the battery icon showing that
the battery was 100% full and I wanted to see what happened )
- randomly

Then, I uninstalled the linux-ec-yeeloong package. Since then, I have a normal
behavior (same as before the installation of linux-ec).

Best regards

Samy