[Gnewsense-dev] gen-livecd failure

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] gen-livecd failure
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:03:12 +0200

Hi!  I've successfully built a distribution using do-update on a machine
running gnewsense 2.2.  No additional packages were needed beyond those
mentioned under 'Step 3' on
<http://www.gnewsense.org/Builder/HowToCreateYourOwnGNULinuxDistribution>
so the instructions seems fine to me.

The only problem was that the postix package asked me a debconf
question, despite the DEBIAN_PRIORITY=critical in update-chroot.  I
assume that is a postfix packaging bug?  I chose 'No configuration'.

However, using gen-livecd fails, see output below.  Any ideas?  There is
no package gnonsense-desktop package as far as I can tell.  Btw, my
distribution is called 'gNonSense'.  Two gnonsense packages appears to
have been built by do-update:

address@hidden:/scratch/gnonsense/builder# echo
/scratch/gnonsense/gnonsense/pool/main/g/gnonsense-*
/scratch/gnonsense/gnonsense/pool/main/g/gnonsense-artwork
/scratch/gnonsense/gnonsense/pool/main/g/gnonsense-meta
address@hidden:/scratch/gnonsense/builder#

Thanks,
Simon

++ chroot ./chroot-i386 /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root TERM=xterm
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin DEBIAN_PRIORITY=critical apt-get install
--yes gnonsense-desktop
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  gnonsense-desktop: Depends: gnonsense-artwork but it is not going to be
installed
                     Depends: gnonsense-gdm-themes but it is not installable
                     Depends: usplash-theme-gnonsense but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
address@hidden:/scratch/gnonsense/builder# n