Re: can't connect to 6160

From: Kevin White
Subject: Re: can't connect to 6160
Date: 09 May 2002 16:00:57 -0500

I know this is sorta off topic, but if your 6160 just doesn't display
you can use a star bit driver (T6 I Think) and take the cover off quite
easily.

I dropped and abused by 6160 so much the display went blank and finally
shattered.  I bought a new display for $26 USD from cellphoneshop.net.
The display siply rests on the PCB, (as do most of the components).  It
still went out randomly, I finally gave up and got the 6360 (which
gnokii sees via IR) and used some warez software long enough to get my
contacts and transfer them to my new phone.  The 6360's have software
you can D/L to manage contacts, ringtones, etc for free.  I'd rather use
linux though, hence my experiments with gnokii ;)

--
Kevin White, Linux+, A+