Re: Multiple instances of gnokii

From: Morten Proschowsky
Subject: Re: Multiple instances of gnokii
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:19:33 +0200 (METDST)

I have tried with two phones, smsd and the mysql interface. The
DB_Look() function in the mysql interface is not designed to work with
Multiple instances of gnokii. It is very likely that the same message
would be sent twice.
I have been rewritten parts of DB_Look() to avoid the problem. I can mail
it to you if you want.
I dont think the load is going to be a problem. Neither smsd or mysql uses
very much resources.
It is a bit complicated to setup, because phonemodel and serialport have
to be in the ~/.gnokiirc file. You have to create a new user for each
instances of gnokii. It would be very nice if it was possible to specify
phonemodel, serialport or configuration file from the commandline.

With one phone i can send 9 and receive about 20 messages per minute from
smsd. Using an AT phone and gnokii --sendsms i can send about 15/minute.

Morten