FYI: NCP2 and 6310 support

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: FYI: NCP2 and 6310 support
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:19:10 +0200

Hi,

I want to write my short comment for two previous posts from this list.

First: NCP2 can be accessed using FBUS, not only AT commands. AT command
won't give so many possibilities. Method of accessing using FBUS is
known, only users of NCP2 should help in testing it or writing :-)

Second: I moved 6510 module (almost all) for mygnokii2. I want here
officialy thank Markus Plail. Some the most easy things were tested. I'm
waiting for the second part of tests, which (probably) will be made with
mygnokii2 source by Markus (if not, maybe somebody else want ?). DCT4
support need still sniffs. For cable it's idiotic easy:

Download http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/portmon.shtml

Run it, select correct com port

And run sniffed software and send log created by portmon.

When possible, set MBUS in sniffed software and (only then) set in
portmon, that only incoming for com port data will be displayed (mbus
echos sent data and it's not necessary to double them).

I can create from sniffs protocol descriptions and make source for
mygnokii2, but DCT4 will have to test them...

Example functions for sniffing: calendar, sending sms, getting/setting
startup logo, welcome note, ...

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (mailto:address@hidden,