5110/sending ring tones

From: Anthony Symons
Subject: 5110/sending ring tones
Date: 17 May 2002 10:33:09 +0930

If this sort of stuff is answered in a faq let me know and I'll go check
it.

I have just obtained a 5110 and data cable, which I plan to use with
gnokii under linux. The phone interface works fine, but it wont let me
send ring tones to other phones. I know the 5110 is incapable of using
custom ring tones itself, but under logomanager under NT I was able to
send them to my better mobile no worries. Is this the expected
functionality of gnokii? Are there any plans to change it? I can log the
serial transfer of a ringtone via sms under NT if any developers would
be interested in seeing it.

Ant
--
Systems Administrator
Pracom Ltd.

PRIVILEGED - PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
This electronic mail is solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you receive this electronic mail in error, please delete it from
your system immediately and notify the sender by electronic mail or
using any of the above contact details.