Re: Gnokii SMSD Dependencies

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Gnokii SMSD Dependencies
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:18:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Pawel Kot wrote:

Hi.

Pawel's answers are well. I only add few things.

> On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Federico Sevilla III wrote:
>
> > I have a few questions (to start with) that I need to resolve for the
> > Debian package that I hope the Gnokii development team can spare me some
> > time on. I apologize if some of them are very basic.
> >
> >     - Does Gnokii's SMSD require Gnokii to be installed? Or is it
> >       self-contained as far as the Gnokii libraries are concerned?
>
> It doesn't require gnokii itself. It requires libgnokii.

And it also shares configuration file with gnokii.

> >     - Does Gnokii's SMSD requier PostgreSQL or MySQL libraries to be
> >       installed? Or is it self-contained as far as the libpq.so and
> >       libmysql.so are concerned?
>
> The answer is: it depends. SMDS itself doesn't require neither postgresql
> nor mysql. But if you want to use them, ie compile libpq and libmysql for
> smsd you need postgres and mysql libraries. So: smsd depends on libgnokii,
> libpq depends on postgres libraries, libmysql depends on mysql libraries.

Currently there are 3 modules for smsd. Pq and mysql as Pawel write and new
one the "file" module which don't uses sql server and don't depends on any
library. Smsd needs for its work at least one module.

                                jano

--
When play dies it becomes the Game.
When sex dies it becomes Climax.

All games contain the idea of death.
                        Jim Morrison's Poetry - The Lords - Notes of Vision