Better way to send SMS using gnokii

From: Manohar Pradhan
Subject: Better way to send SMS using gnokii
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 18:15:32 +0000

Hi,

I have Nokia 6210 working OK for gnokii, as I can send SMS from command line (being superuser).

My question is:

Is there any other easier way to send SMS from other process owned by users otherthan root? I Want to integrate netsaint monitoring Notification with gnokii and now I can see it could not send. I am invoking gnokii as follows:

/usr/bin/printf "ALL THE MESSAGES " |/usr/local/bin/gnokii --sendsms SMSNUMBER

this script is run by user netsaint, with its own .gnokiirc file in its home directory. When I want to run this script as netsaint user, it says:

sh-2.05a$ /usr/bin/printf "ALL THE MESSAGES " |/usr/local/bin/gnokii --sendsms SMSNUMBER

GNOKII Version 0.4.3
Gnokii serial_open: open: Permission denied
Couldn't open FBUS device: Permission denied
Gnokii serial_open: open: Permission denied
Couldn't open FBUS device: Permission denied
Gnokii serial_open: open: Permission denied
Couldn't open FBUS device: Permission denied
Telephone interface init failed! Quitting.

My ..gnokiirc file looks like follows:

[global]
port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 6210
initlength = default
connection = serial
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 9600
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 07867793682
[disconnect_script]
[sms]
timeout = 10

Any Idea/Suggestion is highly Appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
MP