Re: Nokia 8390

From: Roger
Subject: Re: Nokia 8390
Date: 06 Sep 2002 23:42:15 -0400

have an 8290 with irda...works here if you use cvs or the latest release
(i believe the latest release...others will probabely correct me if i'm
wrong.)

ircomm-tty             22432   0  (unused)
irtty                   6528   2
ircomm                  8736   0  [ircomm-tty]
irda                   97644   1  [ircomm-tty irtty ircomm]

edit the /etc/sysconfig/irda to point to the /dev/ttyS* device and
restart irda services.

also, do not load the lt_modem drivers at all or else you will need to
reboot to get irda services working again. (atleast, i have this
problem..dunno if it's only limited to the actiontec mini-pci modem, but
from what i'm hearing, it might be)