Re: smsd on FreeBSD dumps core (solved)

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: smsd on FreeBSD dumps core (solved)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:33:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Pawel Kot wrote:

> > During compilation I noticed:
> > nk7110.c: In function `P7110_Initialise':
> > nk7110.c:271: warning: `err' might be used uninitialized in this function
> >
> > Line 271 must be:
> > GSM_Error err = GE_NONE;
>
> It doesn't. Please show me the code path where err remains uninitialized. If
> you can't,
> I call it compiler bug and I don't care.

I think that this isn't compiler bug. The code is writen in very queer style
and compiler connot test all alternatives during compiling. If you
initialize err explicitly, you break nothing and you will have clearer
compilation.

                                        jano

--
I like work, it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
                        Jerome Klapka Jerome (Three men in a boat)