Re: sms webservice

From: Martin List-Petersen
Subject: Re: sms webservice
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:16:20 +0200

Citat Pavel Machek <address@hidden>:

> > Also, I might add, ICQ provides free SMS for quite a few networks
> worldwide.
> > The sender is encoded in the "from" number, so when the recipient hits
> reply
> > it will end up in your ICQ client. Of course this is not as nice as
> having
> > your real number in the "from" field, but it's free.
>
> Can you post details on this?

Actually it works quite ok.

I actually wrote a perl daemon based on the icq2000 libs, that exists for perl.
(vicq uses them), which works as a web->sms and mail->sms. Even getting
messages and sending them to mail is possible (right now, they end up in my
inbox).

However, that thing is still a bit buggy and still alpha state.

Want to check, how good it works ? Try http://sms.hulp.dk

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen