Re: 7650 and IrDA ???

From: Herbert Demmel
Subject: Re: 7650 and IrDA ???
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:27:55 +0200

At 12:47 04.10.2002 +0200, you wrote:
>>> address@hidden 4 October 2002 11:56:16 >>>
> I just had a look to the newest source and saw that the 7650 is in
the list
> of supported phones (6510 driver nk6510.c and device driver
unixirda.c), so
> my question is if this model is already supported resp. if there are
some
> people out there who could run Gnokii with the 7650 via IrDA.

Well, we just thought that it may work with nk6510 driver, but Markus
says that it doesn't.

That's what I expected :-(

> I've done my own experiments with the 7650 and IrDA under Win 2000
(sorry,
> there is no Linux available here) and found out that connect() via
> "Nokia:PhoNet" does not work (it returns WSAECONNREFUSED) - with all
other
> phones (e.g. 8310, 6210) this works.

Erm? Do you confirm that 8310 and 6210 work with gnokii over IrDA in
Windows?
Could you give some detailes on how you did this?

Sorry I do not use gnokki, I have my own (sorry: commercial) app, but your unixirda.c could be used nearly unchanged - the structures used by winsock2 are somehow different and I do not use the select (this was never neccessary) but basically it's the same code.

> It seems that "Nokia:PhoNet" is not supported anymore by the 7650
(Nokias PC-Suite seem to use "OBEX:IrXfer" with completly different
protocol).

Do you volunteer to help us with 7650 support? We need someone to
maintain this.

:-) I just tried to get a possibilty to connect but it seems not to work as expected - I really assume one would have to go the Obex format which is completly different and from my point of view I will not support this phone with my app.

Herbert