problem with lockfile in gnokii

From: pete
Subject: problem with lockfile in gnokii
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:42:24 +0100

Quick Introduction: I've just bought a nokia 8310e (UK version) and a belkin
usb-irda adaptor running on a sharp laptop (mandrake linux 8.2).  I've got the
usb-irda connector working fine.  I can run irattach and get an entry to appear
under ifconfig, as well as view data from the phone using irdadump.  I have
compiled gnokii and can get it to install gnokii and gnokiid (as well as
todologo somehow) in the /usr/local/bin directory.  Gnokii runs fine with --help
option, but running anything else (e.g. --identify) it says

GNOKII Version 0.4.3
Please check permission on lock directory
Lock file error. Exiting

I've looked through the source and found the functions which do the ocking but
the method used to pickup the directory has escaped me.  I expect it's either a
permissions problem on my system or a missing config option but i've come to a
stop in debugging and no-one else seems to have had the problem in the last
couple of months archives

Regards

Pete Theobald
UK