Sending SMS faster

From: Niels Andersen
Subject: Sending SMS faster
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:59:46 +0100

When I send an SMS it is sent in about 4 seconds. But after the SMS is sent,
at takes about 10 seconds before the program returns.

This delay is a huge problem, since the project I'm working on has to be able
to send thousands of SMSs over a short period of time.

Does anybody know why I see this delay? Or more important, how can I avoid it?

>From gnokkiirc:

port = /dev/ttyS1
model = 3210
initlength = 1
connection = serial

With an initlength of 1 in stead of default, gnokii connects much faster to
the phone.

I'm currently testing with a Nokia 3210, it is not yet decided what model we
will use. Maybe we will buy some GSM-modems designed for services like this,
and maybe we will just buy the cheapest Nokia 3?10. :)

--
Niels Andersen