Re: Data call mode

From: Hans Neukomm
Subject: Re: Data call mode
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:29:17 +0800

it really seems that ( at least some models)  data mode IN NOKIA MODEM is
disabled by default in new phones - and you have to download a modem setup
tool from nokia site for your model.

provided that your phone network offers such service you may need to assure
your modem is setup properly as well.

while my modem setup for my nokia 8310 solved ALL problems UNDER WIN XP and
gives me stable online service now - it did NOT change anything at all fo
ruse with LINUX ! i still get disconnected with pppd exit 16.

good luck

for nokia site info pls check at:

http://www.nokia.com/NokiaHome/0,5184,1362,00.html?productId=39

on the upper right side of the page you find a drop down menue - select your
model and see if they have anything for YOU

bless you

hans

On Thursday 21 November 2002 08:49, BORBELY Zoltan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 03:17:55AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> > I have a Nokia 5190. I have been able to get several of
> > the gnokii features to work with this phone, but
> > apparentlly the data call feature in deactivated in the
> > phone. Does anyone know how to activate this????
>
> What is "deactivated in the phone" means? If you has no data call
> subscription you should contact to your gsm operator. If you cannot use
> data calls you can test it again with the current cvs.
>
> Bye,
> Bozo

- --
The Cyberspace Ashram is a 1 man full time operation and ALL services -
including THIS e-Mail are financed by YOUR honest contribution only.

For any personal questions always COME HERE or call my Cell phone
IDD: 0063 - 919 - 297 84 05

For truly spiritual questions by e-Mail - please read ALL text from the
Cyberspace Ashram first.

God bless you

Hans

Author / Webmaster / Owner