Re: T39/T65/T68/T68i box, 7650 box etc. new products

From: Brendan Pratt
Subject: Re: T39/T65/T68/T68i box, 7650 box etc. new products
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:07:29 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pawel Kot" <address@hidden>

> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Brendan Pratt wrote:

> > Can someone please make this list postable by only those subscribed, and

> No, I got too many complaints when list was configured this way, but it is
> the way also preffered by me. I can blacklist the spam address though.

Well that's a shame you got complaints for having the list postable only by
those subscribed.  :(

> > preferably put a limit on the message and/or attachment size so that the
> > list doesn't turn in to a SPAMMERS haven ??

> Okay. To allow patches to get sent I'll set it to 50KB which seems to be
> reasonable. I may decrease/increase it later.

That'll make a great improvement.

Yes I did realise you couldn't make it too small for the patches that are
distributed via the list, but I'll leave it to you to decide the message
size limit. Perhaps others in here can suggest a maximum size limit for
patches, and patches above xx Kb should have a URL for people to get hold of
?

> > Personally I'd like to see HTML be stopped too, but I'd be happy with
the
> > above. :-)

> How to do it with mailman over the http interface?

If it was ezmlm being used, I could help you out, as that's what I use here
for mailing lists. Perhaps there's some way of detecting Content-Type:
text/html ?

Thanks for your list management.