Re: sms service

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: sms service
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 01:40:41 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 12:28:53PM +0400, address@hidden wrote:
> i've a nokia phone ,which is 6110. i've tried alot to decode the encoding
> between the phone and
> the pc, but i couldn't grasp any thing. i want to know the c code which will
> allow me communicate
> with the phone to send and recive sms messages. i digged through the gnokii
> code i found a file
> named 6100.c which deal with nokia 6100 series. the questions and problems are
>
> 1- the file contained the function i want ( sms sending and reciving) ,
> but they have a FBUS_FRAME_HEADER constant. and i couldn't find it.

You will find it in include/links/fbus.h.

> 2- if i want to only send and recive sms messages, should i first establish
> any kind of connections
> with the phone.

Yes. You can look into gnokii/gnokii.c for details. I sent a little
skeleton to the mailing list some minutes ago. You can add the sms
sending part from the gnokii/gnokii.c (look into the sendsms() function).

> 3- the protocol folder contained the files that talk about the hex code
> for each service(ie.sms, dailing a number .... etc), however , some
> times if found codes like 0x0002 and others like 0x05
> how i'm gonna send this two bytes... i mean, putting two different formats
> (ie. one byte and two bytes) confused me a little bit... and explainations

You can look into libgnokii for clarification. But if I were you I
use libgnokii instead of writing a new application.

Bye,
Bozo