Re: 3110 phonebook handling [patch]

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: 3110 phonebook handling [patch]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:19:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Osma Suominen wrote:

> It's a bit unclear where in the code sanity checks should be made.
> e.g. the 6100 series driver makes a lot of them while the AT driver
> doesn't.

AT driver needs to be fixed then :-)

> Example situation is that advanced phonebook
> features (like subentries) are used on a phone that doesn't support
> them - where should it be caught?

Well, I'm not sure at the moment. There are 2 places where it could be
done:
 - in the phonebook handling code
 - in the caller function from the phone driver
Which is correct? Well, at the moment I think that implementing the first
variant would be less errogenous. But I'd like to see the discussion on
this.

> This is meant to be applied after the sms data encoding patch but
> probably works independently as well.

Okay. If it applies without previous patch I'll apply this. See my
comments to the previous patch.

> And then I'm heading for the data calls part, which is hard...probably I
> need to rewrite the fbus-3110 code and hack the statemachine as well.

That's OK. Just try not to break other drivers ;-)

thanks,