Re: 3110 SMS data encoding [patch]

From: Osma Suominen
Subject: Re: 3110 SMS data encoding [patch]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:19:51 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Pawel Kot wrote:

> I'd like to do it in a bit different way. Currently we have onlu PDU SMS
> support in gsm-sms.c. I'd add your sms_data_decode and sms_data_encode
> function to gsm-sms.c as sms_asciidata_decode and sms_asciidata_encode.
>
> Then add some distinction (based on the used driver?) in
> sms_encode/sms_decode to use the correct header and body encode/decode
> function.

Sounds fine to me. There may be other phones (probably old models only
but still) that will want this in the future.

> In other words, I'd like to have all sms stuff in gsm-sms.c. Does it make
> sense for you? Would you implement it? Or would you like me to do it?

I'll be out of reach for email for a few days, but I'll think about
this. When I get connected again I might have something done already.
In other words, you don't have to do it, at least not yet :)

I'll try to think of a way to specify what the phone wants, e.g. an
extra field in the phone definitions or something, so that gsm-sms.c can
be as driver agnostic as possible (i.e. no "if model=3110...else...").

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** address@hidden *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***