Re: --sendsms fails on T68

From: Trevor Hawkins
Subject: Re: --sendsms fails on T68
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:28:45 -0700

Looks like the problem was AT+CSCA not returning the leading "+" on the
T68 even though there is one on the phone itself.

This little hack in gnokii.c fixed up my problem with T68 and 6310/6190
continue to work.  Of course I could just spec the SMSC on the cmd line,
but eventually I will be sending messages from inside my own program...

This is from the function sendsms in gnokii.c:

if (!sms.smsc.number[0]) {
                data.message_center = calloc(1,
sizeof(gn_sms_message_center));
                data.message_center->id = 1;
                if (gn_sm_functions(GN_OP_GetSMSCenter, &data, &state)
== GN_ERR_NONE) {

                        /* normally, just save the SMSC number */
                        if (data.message_center->smsc.number[0] == '+')
                                strcpy(sms.smsc.number,
data.message_center->smsc.number);

                        /* for T68, prepend the plus to fix things... */
                        else {
                                sms.smsc.number[0] = '+';
                                strcpy(sms.smsc.number+1,
data.message_center->smsc.number);
                        }
                        sms.smsc.type = data.message_center->smsc.type;
                        fprintf(stdout, _(" ***** got SMSC = %s
*****.\n"), sms.smsc.number);
                }
                free(data.message_center);