Re: make install should do ldconfig?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: make install should do ldconfig?
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:37:33 +0200

>>> address@hidden 14 July 2003 01:06:51 >>>
> I installed latest gnokii from cvs with make install, but gnokii
> refused to run. ldconfig was needed. Perhaps it should be done from
> make install?

No. Not always you want to do it. Moreover not always you have
permissions to do that. I guess many users build the package
from the fresh sources to install it with their package manager.
They want ldconfig in post install script from pm and not
with make install.

Let's not know better then user.

pkot
PS. I'm starting to answer emails from last 2 weeks...