Re: OT: Infrared (IrDA) help

From: Simon Huggins
Subject: Re: OT: Infrared (IrDA) help
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:41:07 +0100

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 02:43:14PM +0100, Dima Diall wrote:
> Basically I'm interested in connecting my phone (Nokia 6210) to my
> laptop (Compaq Armada V300, ~4 years old :) which, if I'm not
> mistaken, has an SMC IrCC Fast Infrared Port (as identified by
> Windoz). I have Red Hat 8.0 installed on that box and gammu is already
> compiled OK.

> Can anybody share some IrDA set-up and troubleshooting tips (kernel
> modules, userland tools/daemons)? Or provide pointers/links to useful
> stuff (howto, tutorials, etc)...

Did you read:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Infrared-HOWTO/
and
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnokii/gnokii/Docs/gnokii-IrDA-Linux?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
(i.e. the most recent gnokii-IrDA-Linux file?)

--
----------(  "Peace and understanding through brute force."  )----------