Re: compile on FreeBSD5.0 stable...

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: compile on FreeBSD5.0 stable...
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:15:24 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 09:12:38AM +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, BORBELY Zoltan wrote:
>
> > The attached patch has been committed into the cvs. I managed to compile
> > it on a FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE box.
>
> Ugly as hell and dunno how it can fix the compilation. Please explain.

FreeBSD defines the BSDish types (u_char, u_int and friends) only if
you aren't using _XOPEN_SOURCE. I don't remember exactly, but we had
to include <sys/file.h> on some platforms. It's a pity, but <sys/file.h>
use u_int, so it cannot be included. Try to compile the attached program
on a FreeBSD 5.x box (the compilation problem introduced in FreeBSD 5.0).
The OpenBSD case is a similar problem.

We cannot fix it easily, because we have to unify the defines on all
source files first, otherwise we get a lot of redefinition errors.

Bye,
Bozo