Re: (no subject)

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:48:11 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 04:19:10AM -0800, Keval Mehta wrote:
> my name is Keval. is there a way to connect the cellphone to computer such
> that the computer can interpret any incoming sms (the sms will be in some
> standard predefined format). As per this project requirement, the computer
> should be able to generate a reply to the sms which will then be sent by the
> cellphone. i would like to know the tools and software i'll need to learn to
> implement this. any help is most welcome.

You have some choices:
* You can use smsd. You can use any programming language which has an
  interface to mysql or postgresql.
* You can run the gnokii binary and parse the result. I don't recommend
  this way.
* You can use the perl module for gnokii. If you're a perl programmer
  it's easy.
* You can use libgnokii if you are writing a C program. gnokii has
  GPL license, so your program must be GPL-ed too.

Bye,
Bozo