Re: gnokii and Motorola C350

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii and Motorola C350
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 23:37:48 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Ron Yorston wrote:

Hi Ron,

[detailed description]

> The patch below addresses some of these issues.  I've added an element to
> the gn_memory_status structure to hold the first index value for each type
> of memory.  In gnokii.c this is initialised to 1 when the structures are
> created.  At present this structure element isn't being used.

I'd like to leave the view for the application that entries are numbered
beginning with 1. It is the internal driver stuff what to do with it. In
other words I'd like driver to:
 - see what entry number is requested
 - ask the phone what is the first possible entry in the given memory type
 - add the required location to this first entry number
Giving it a first shot, making an extra request to the phone (AT+CPBR=?)
is acceptable. In the second attempt we would need an internal driver
structure to keep this number in there. Ron, do you mind to do it this
way?

> I've also fixed a problem that was introduced when my last patch was
> applied:  the literal string arguments to reply_simpletext in ReplyIdentify
> were intended to have a trailing space.

Which part of the patch is this?

thanks for your work,
mailto:address@hidden