Re: Smsd and Siemens MC35i (fwd)

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Smsd and Siemens MC35i (fwd)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:15:34 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Jan Derfinak wrote:

> I got this report about smsd. Does it mean that phone is so asynchronous
> that if I read sms just after its deleting, I get the same message? Must I
> wait some magic time after all actions? Can somebody explain me it?

I think it is the problem described by me some time ago with the possible
fix but apparently noone cared because I got no response.

In the nk7110 and nk6510 (at lease) drivers all smses have virtual
locations. Ie. using Inbox, location 1 is not what has physical location
one, but it is the first message returned by the phone. That is because
inbox messages can be stored either on simcard and in the phone memory and
"location 1" would be ambigous.

The solution is to handle (to remove) SMSes counting from the last one to
the first one or do it one by one: read one, delete one, read one delete
one. But the first solution should be safe I think.

mailto:address@hidden
http://www.gnokii.org/