Re: chinese patch

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: chinese patch
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:06:57 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 05:41:49AM -0800, haojun bao wrote:
> This file is generated by running "diff -u -r
> ./gnokii-0.5.10 ./gnokii-0.5.10-chinese". hope it will
> be of any help.

Thanks for your patches. We realized that gnokii encoding and decoding
weren't MT safe. So I modified your patch and committed it.

> -                             length *= 2;
> +                             //length *= 2;

It isn't correct. I think the problem is that chinese text is a real
multi byte text, but this simple calculation works only with single
byte locale. The proper fix is to use the return value of the
char_unicode_encode() function. Please check it out. I suspect there
are other similar problems in our codebase. If you find them please
report it too.

Bye,
Bozo