RE: gnokii on a usb-irda device?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: RE: gnokii on a usb-irda device?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:00:51 +0100

Hi Lucio,

>>> address@hidden 23 February 2004 03:23:54 >>>
> > You should read it irda0. But anyway it depends on your
> > modules.conf.
> > See http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/IrDA/IrDA.html
> > for more detailes.
>
> OK I have all the alias in the modprobe.conf as per the above
article.

> > As irattach is not running gnokii is unable to
> > connect to the phone.
>
> # irattach irda0 -s
>
> Returns no errors but I still cannot access the /dev/ircomm0 device
> through minicom or gnokii.

This is kinda strange.I have just bought sigmatel usb dongle
to test gnokii irda connection (my sms-ircc doesn't work
undel linux) and found that as it works with Nokia 6210,
it doesn't work with Nokia 6310(i). When I enable debug
I got lots of crc errors in connection. So I think this is
a driver issue, but I didn't investigate it deeply.