Re: 7650 support

From: Andreas Bauer
Subject: Re: 7650 support
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:30:31 +0100

> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Andreas Bauer wrote:
>
> > I own a 7650 too and would like to sync the calendar and addressbook. I
don't
> > think it will be possible in the near future to reverse engineer the
protocol
> > used by the phone to sync with windows.
>
> I don't think it would be overcomplicated. If you are able to sniff the
> communication with the Nokia Suite under Windows, please send me the log
> and we'll se what we can do.

I haven't done this. Look at this page  http://mobile.linux.pt/p800/
(somewhere in the middle at the end of point 3.) they got a dump with
etheareal.

> > My idea would be to write a programm running on the phone and supporting a
own
> > protocol, to sync with the pc.
> > My problem is, that I have less to no knowleages about programming on
symbian.
> > Would anybody interested in programming this? I can help with debuging and
> > testing.
>
> That's what Bozo is working on. The idea is to do it for all Symbian based
> phones. But there's still the problem of reading Nokia (or rather Symbian)
> calednar and addressbook. This problem should be addressed by Nokia
> Developers Suite.
The symbian API provieds acces to the calendar and addressbook. When I get the
SDK running under linux, I will try to write an example dumping the calendar
to a file.

Greetings,
--
Andreas Bauer