Re: 7650 support

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: 7650 support
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:09:57 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 01:30:31PM +0100, Andreas Bauer wrote:
> > > My idea would be to write a programm running on the phone and supporting
> own
> > > protocol, to sync with the pc.
> > > My problem is, that I have less to no knowleages about programming on
> symbian.
> > > Would anybody interested in programming this? I can help with debuging and
> > > testing.
> >
> > That's what Bozo is working on. The idea is to do it for all Symbian based
> > phones. But there's still the problem of reading Nokia (or rather Symbian)
> > calednar and addressbook. This problem should be addressed by Nokia
> > Developers Suite.
> The symbian API provieds acces to the calendar and addressbook. When I get
> the
> SDK running under linux, I will try to write an example dumping the calendar
> to a file.

I managed to run gnokii --identify with my 3650 yesterday. This is
just a proof of concept code with a lot of errors. I want to add more
functionality and make it more robust in the following weeks. If
everything will be fine I want to integrate it into gnokii when phonebook
access is ready. I managed to write a phonebook reading symbian application
some months ago, but a calendar handling example can help us. BTW my
development platform is linux too, so don't hesitate to ask symbian sdk
on linux related questions! :-)

Bye,
Bozo