Problem with submitting ringtones to 6210

From: Gregor Riepl
Subject: Problem with submitting ringtones to 6210
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:22:33 +0100

Today, I got the old 6210 handset with a DLR-3P cable from a friend. I
wanted to try if I could get a new ringtone on it, but was only
half-successful. Submit to and retrieve from phone worked in xgnokii and
through the CIL, and I could  select the new ringtone. But when I made a
call to myself, the mobile stayed silent. I tried the builtin ringtones and
they worked, just not the one I uploaded. My old 7110 (which has a
short-circuit somewhere) works without problems.
Versions:
Model: Nokia 6210 (NPE-3)
Firmware: 03.01 D (21-08-00)
Hardware: 3389
OS: gentoo Linux w/ kernel 2.4.22, glibc 2.3.2
It seems this is caused by a bug in the 6210 firmware (see the version). I'm
going to update it and try again. Hope it'll work then.
Anyone experienced something similar?

Greg