Re: gnokii: command not found

From: Sankaranarayanan Mahadevan
Subject: Re: gnokii: command not found
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 02:36:34 -0800 (PST)

--- Olivier Kaloudoff <address@hidden> wrote:
> ./gnokii --identify :)

thanks. But in the gnokii-0.6.0.txt file it is said
that we have to copy the gnokiirc file to home
directory. So i copied to /home directory and ran.
It said it coudn't find .gnokiirc file in root or /etc
directory. ( I build binaries..)
Then copied to /etc and changed to .gnokiirc

Now it works perfectly and able to give correct phone
identification.

Why do we need to change the file to '.gnokiirc'
Sounds like a file with just an extension? duh! i'm
newbie to linux/unix...
Moreoever i cannot see the file from the konqueror in
that directory. why is it so? invisible???