Re: How to check status of SMS-message from script?

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: How to check status of SMS-message from script?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:27:20 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 04:24:27PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm using gnokii with a Nokia 3310 phone, and everything goes well! Good
> work!
> But I'm trying to figure out how I can check the status of an SMS-message.
> It won't seem to work when i do somehting like:
>
> ./gnokii --sendsms 06XXXXXXXX -r
>
> The message isn't send but I get the message:
>
> Send succeeded!
>
> Can anyone help me figuring out, how to check the status of a
> send sms-message?

You cannot check the status of the delivery directly. The send succeeded
means the sms center accepted the sms message from you. If you specify
the -r flag to gnokii --sendsms, it will activate the return-receipt
flag of the sms. In this case the sms center will send you an sms when
status change (delivered, pending, etc) happens. You have to read and
process this status message.

Bye,
Bozo