Re: gnokii + kaddressbook + encoding

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii + kaddressbook + encoding
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 20:15:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Helge Deller wrote:

Hi Helge,

> Let's say, that data.phonebook_entry.name contains the name "Jürgen Öhm"
> (with two umlauts) and the rest of the name field holds zeros, then
> gnokii stores the name correctly with the umlauts in the phone, but adds
> two more random characters. It seems to be a relation between the number
> of umlauts and the number of added characters. I assume, that libgnokii
> does something wrong with the result of the strlen() functions (which
> does not correctly handles unicode input). This happed both with SUSE's
> libgnokii 0.6.0 and gnokii's 0.6.1 CVS version. Pawel, maybe you have
> any idea what could be wrong ?

As I said in the other email. Could you please show me the dump? I'll try
to reprodyce this.

> The gnokii API was changed incompatible with gnokii-0.6.1 (CVS) from
> gn_cfg_read(char **bindir)   to  gn_cfg_read(char *filename, char **bindir);
> Could you please either change it back and make it compatible again ?

Is it really a problem? If so I'll revert it, but also the bindir argument
is a subject to be gone soon...

> Or, please add a GNOKII-specific numeric #define with which external apps
> might get a chance to choose the right functions.
> E.g. please add
> + #define GNOKII_VERSION 0x061
> to include/gnokii.h ?

Well, we have libtool doing some magic in common/Makefile:
LIBTOOL_VER = -version-info $(MAJOR_NUMBER):$(MINOR_NUMBER):0
LIBTOOL_RPATH=-rpath $(libdir)

Isn't it enough? But yes, adding GNOKII_VERSION (or rather
LIBGNOKII_VERSION is not a problem.

p k o t a t b e z s e n s u d o t p l
http://www.gnokii.org/