Re: Any plans for supporting phones with USB connection?

From: Tim
Subject: Re: Any plans for supporting phones with USB connection?
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:22:09 +0000

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 06:49:27PM +0100, Jacob Kolding wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I just bought a LG U8120 which can be connected via USB,
> and I just wanted to know whether there are any plans to implement USB
> support in gnokii?
>
> Sincerely
> Jacob Kolding

        Gnokii already supports phones connected with a USB cable if
they present as a serial connection (as my t68 does). AIUI the U8120 is
pretty much just a tarting up of the U8110 which I have- it doesn't show
up as usb-serial when plugged into a linux machine.

        You may have more luck connecting using IR though I've had
all sorts of trouble with it and the IRDA stack on the U8110 is known
to be buggy according to a friend who works for 3. Neither my laptop nor
the stir4200 dongle on my desktop will talk reliably to my U8110 though
both work well with my t68.

        If you can get your U8120 to work with IRDA I'd be grateful to
know how you managed it.
--
        Tim.                /\   /\
                             O___O